Women’s Health & Reproductive Rights
“Reproductive freedom is critical to a whole range of issues. If we can’t take charge of this most personal aspect of our lives, we can’t take care of anything. It should not be seen as a privilege or as a benefit, but a fundamental human right.” -Faye Wattleton
- Mabel Wadsworth Women’s Health Center-The purpose of this organization is to provide educational and clinical services in sexual and reproductive health care to women regardless of age, ability, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic resources.
- Provide-The Abortion Access Project is committed to access to safe abortion for all women in the U.S. We believe that by being clearly focused on abortion within the context of our broader values we will make a significant contribution to women’s health and autonomy.
- Guttmacher Institute-The Guttmacher Institute continues to advance sexual and reproductive health in the United States and worldwide through an interrelated program of social science research, policy analysis and public education designed to generate new ideas, encourage enlightened public debate and promote sound policy and program development. Double click on the link to watch a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-bQ6UzhNI
- Maine Family Planning– provides funding, technical support and quality assurance to 30 clinics statewide, serving over 30,000 women and teens annually. The FPA itself operates clinics in Augusta, Belfast, Damariscotta and Rockland, which provide various health care services including: oral and injectable contraceptives, emergency contraceptives, screening, diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections, and breast and cervical cancer screening.
- Planned Parenthood of Northern New England-Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading sexual and reproductive health care provider and advocate.
- Our Bodies Ourselves-Our Bodies Ourselves provides accessible, research-based information about women’s health and sexuality. We advance health and human rights within a framework of values shaped by women’s voices and a commitment to self-determination and equality.
- The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation-Komen for the Cure is the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures.
- Grandmothers For Reproductive Rights (GRR)– Grandmothers for Reproductive Rights works through education and advocacy to secure for younger generations access to the reproductive rights, justice, and health care for which their generation fought so hard.