“We ask justice, we ask equality, we ask that all the civil and political rights that belong to citizens of the United States, be guaranteed to us and our daughters forever.”
—Susan B. Anthony
- Women, Work and Community-The mission of Maine Centers for Women, Work, and Community (WWC) is to improve the economic lives of Maine women and their families by increasing their income, assets, and earning potential and their overall quality of life.
- WAGE Project-The WAGE Project, Inc is a 501(c)3 charitable, tax-deductible organization established for one purpose: to end discrimination against women in the American workplace in the near future. To do that, WAGE inspires and helps working women to take the steps needed so that every woman is paid what she’s worth.
- The Women’s Employment Committee of the Maine Jobs Council-The Committee highlights women’s employment issues, develops recommendations to the Maine Jobs Council, and supports initiatives that remove barriers preventing women in Maine from attaining complete economic success and security.
- Women Unlimited-Have you ever considered a career in the trades? In technical fields? In transportation? Then you’ve come to the right place! We provide you access to trade, technical, and transportation careers, and support you when you get there.
- Maine Equal Justice Partners (MEJP)-The mission of Maine Equal Justice Partners (MEJP) is to find solutions to poverty and improve the lives of people with low income in Maine.
- Business and Professional Women/ME (BPW)- Maine Business and Professional Women (BPW/ME) is an organization which supports working women and whose vision advocates for successful work environments that are equitable and provide work-life balance for all women. Its mission is to empower working women to achieve their full potential through advocacy, information and education.